Jan 7, 2020
About the guest:
Time and time again, as an account supervisor at Marshall Communications, Greg has stepped up with innovative and quick-thinking solutions to our clients’ problems. From social media to broadcast media to press releases, he does it all and does it calmly, thoroughly and efficiently.
Greg’s sports background and competitive nature fuel his passion for strategic marketing and powerful branding ideas, and he loves sharing his knowledge. His enthusiasm is contagious, and participants of his webinars and workshops leave energized and anxious to put his tips and techniques to use for their own organization. It’s also one of the reasons I invited him on the podcast today to talk about what we should all be watching out for in 2020.
Greg was on the podcast in 2019 and if you want to learn more about him and his background be sure to listen to episode 28 of the PR Maven Podcast.
In the episode:
10. Chatbots: Using conversational artificial intelligence (AI), chatbots can be used as automated communicators through messaging apps that create a personalized customer experience with little to no wait time. Listen at 4:30.
9. Digital marketing: This space continues to grow as more people cut the cord with cable, increasing advertising opportunities on streaming devices and through streaming services. Listen at 6:57.
8. Social media and the evolution of Facebook ads: Facebook advertising is growing as the platform’s algorithm changes, but beware of reduced targeting options as privacy becomes a bigger concern. Listen at 10:02.
7. The presidential election: A presidential campaign is a true test of someone’s personal brand, pointing out the need for strong values and confidence to create an exceptional personal brand. Listen at 12:45.
6. Implementation of video: Video content has been building steam over the past several years as this content not only tells but also shows viewers the key message, whether that is a brand story, behind the scenes footage or community involvement. Listen at 14:48.
5. Podcasts: In 2020, as podcasts continue to grow, metrics will likely improve. This advancement will help advertisers see a return on their investment and will help podcasters measure success. Listen at 20:35.
4. SEO and BERT: Search engine optimization (SEO) and Google’s Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers (BERT) will be more about matching relevant content, not just words. Listen at 24:16.
3. Content Marketing: As audience members become more leery of advertising, content marketing is becoming more powerful as it provides viewers with interesting content that does not explicitly promote the brand. Listen at 27:41.
2. Privacy – GDPR and CCPA: In 2016, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) went into effect and now the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is taking effect this month. PR professionals and marketers must learn what these regulations entail and how to accommodate them. Listen at 30:27.
1. AI and smart devices: Smart speakers in homes are becoming increasingly popular with one-fourth of Americans owning one, increasing the need for great SEO and providing a new medium for connecting with your target audience. Listen at 32:44.
Looking to connect:
Activate the PR Maven® Flash Briefing on your Alexa Device.
Join the PR Maven® Facebook group page.